Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion SIDEBURNS

Should sideburns be grown out and maintained?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

john

Languorous
Established Member
~~~~~~~~~~

So...

I have always been saying that beards are a cope.
The reason for that is that they cover up the bone structure.
But a light stubble is acceptable.

However...

I personally find sideburns to be a masculine facial hair style.
It makes one look more manly and gentlemanly.

The point is to leave the sexually dimorphic features visible.

images

View attachment 7104

1573864070725.png

Look at these guys now.

1573864142945.png

1573864223712.png

View attachment 7103

For me, it gives me the impression of some manly Lumberjack, some gentlemanly aristocrat from the 18th and 19th centuries, or someone high T like the character of Wolverine.
In general, it gives more of an aggressive and dominant look.

Here is how i think that sideburns benefit one.
The twigs of hair, that go downwards from the top of the ramus to the gonion make it more prominent due to the dark, visible outline/covering of the hair.
This makes one's gonial angle and ramus look slightly better.
I'd say a thicker and broader sideburns would be ideal.

The general rule according to me for good sideburns is something like this - Let the sideburns grow down till the point where the very bottom part of your ear ends. Don't grow it any further downwards towards the gonion.

BUT, it shouldn't be covering the gonial angle or the mandible.

I know this may seem weird, cause this is not in fashion, it is outdated, but I wish the tradition comes back.

Also yeah, if you are fat or bloated, forget about facial hair. Just please don't.
I'm considering to grow one later, once I get rid of my slight facial bloat.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

~~~~~~~~~~

Attachments

• 1573864042906.png
    1573864042906.png
    414 KB · Views: 10
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also yeah, if you are fat or bloated, forget about facial hair. Just please don't.
Im gonna have to disagree bro....if you meant guys with facial fat/bloat shouldn't grow out a beard.
Lol a beard gives structure to the face that would otherwise not be there due to excess face fat/bloat.
Image result for before and after beard

Image result for drake before and after beard

Image result for drake before and after beard

Guys who SHOULD NOT GROW A BEARD because it hides their amazing bone structure
Image result for henry cavill before and after beard

I agree with the strong maintained sideburns part tho. Good idea.

Here is how i think that sideburns benefit one.
The twigs of hair, that go downwards from the top of the ramus to the gonion make it more prominent due to the dark, visible outline/covering of the hair.
This makes one's gonial angle and ramus look slig
I believe it's the opposite, if you have long sideburns there would be less distance between the gonion and the sideburn, so the ramus would appear to be shorter.

If you want to accentuate your ramus just grow a light stubble and trim your sideburns short.

light-stubble-1024x715.jpg

Anyway this matters little, the ears placement and the length of the ramus itself is what truly matters.

Back