Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Stoicism

Jewel

For all the people who don't know what that is , it's a philosophy made by old Roman people ....kind of a operating system for our life. It's too old but you'll be surprised how much it's in tune with our current lifestyles. Everyone may form their own opinion of stoicism but what I come to realize is - to be grateful for what you have in the moment but also to be detached in a way so that you won't feel sad when it's gone. Another one is to not waste your energy on what you cant control and control what you can.

There are many ancient people who wrote about this. There's a book by Tim Ferris on the letters written by a guy named Seneca. It's a great read but wouldn't recommend it a some may find it kinda hard to understand.

Another one is by Marcus Aerelius(another old guy) called Meditations. It's a quick read and I highly recommend it.

There are many new people who writes on stoicism these days. My favorite is Ryan Holiday (wierd name). His book, The obstacle is the way , deals with turning your problems into your advantage and using it as a tool to achieve your goals.

My favorite read is the daily stoic by Ryan Holiday, which has a short 1 paragraph stoic lesson for every single day on which you can base your day on. If u read anything, READ THIS. Best self improvement book ever.

If you wanna see some movies on this topic, Shawshank redemption is a great movie.

I highly recommend you to study stoicism.

For all the people who don't know what that is , it's a philosophy made by old Roman people ....kind of a operating system for our life. It's too old but you'll be surprised how much it's in tune with our current lifestyles. Everyone may form their own opinion of stoicism but what I come to realize is - to be grateful for what you have in the moment but also to be detached in a way so that you won't feel sad when it's gone. Another one is to not waste your energy on what you cant control and control what you can.

There are many ancient people who wrote about this. There's a book by Tim Ferris on the letters written by a guy named Seneca. It's a great read but wouldn't recommend it a some may find it kinda hard to understand.

Another one is by Marcus Aerelius(another old guy) called Meditations. It's a quick read and I highly recommend it.

There are many new people who writes on stoicism these days. My favorite is Ryan Holiday (wierd name). His book, The obstacle is the way , deals with turning your problems into your advantage and using it as a tool to achieve your goals.

My favorite read is the daily stoic by Ryan Holiday, which has a short 1 paragraph stoic lesson for every single day on which you can base your day on. If u read anything, READ THIS. Best self improvement book ever.

If you wanna see some movies on this topic, Shawshank redemption is a great movie.

I highly recommend you to study stoicism.

giphy.gif

Is

Is it good or are u just making fun of me😆

Stoicism is something i've been practicing for a while tbh

Thinking about ordering that book since it has pretty good reviews

i need to study stoicism

Back