Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Surgeon recommendations? (eye work)

MrRubiks

I'm looking for a plastic surgeon to reduce my upper eyelid exposure via blepharoplasty and/or orbital rim augmentation + canthoplasty to achieve a downward-pointing medial canthus. Any recommendations? I heard Dr Douglas Steinbrech was good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just tried to book a consultation and the earliest available appointment was in February. On top of that it requires a $400.00 deposit. I'm not even sure he offers what I want. Yikes!

All right, well I booked a consultation with another plastic surgeon. Here's the plan:

1.) Confirm procedures that need to be done.
2.) Compare prices.
3.) Vet the surgeon.
4.) Finalize surgery date.

canthoplasty to achieve a downward-pointing medial canthus.
giphy.gif

A downward-pointing medial canthus is ideal. Just look at Sean O'Pry's eyes.

*edit* Okay, so I've reached out to two plastic surgeons. I'm just waiting to hear back.

A downward-pointing medial canthus is ideal. Just look at Sean O'Pry's eyes.

*edit* Okay, so I've reached out to two plastic surgeons. I'm just waiting to hear back.

how much does canthoplasty cost on average?

how much does canthoplasty cost on average?
I'm not sure, but as I recall, blepharoplasty is around $3,000, which is nothing. I imagine canthoplasty would be about the same. I'll be speaking with surgeons soon, so I'll let you know.

I know what you mean, but medial canthopexy/canthoplasty is a pipe dream surgery

Really? I've seen surgery correct negative canthal tilt. Wouldn't changing the medial canthus be far easier?

So far, two of the plastic surgeons don't offer what I'm looking for. I did, however, get a promising referral. I have three more surgeons on my list, including the surgeon from the referral.

None of the surgeons I mentioned earlier in this thread panned out. I posted in another forum though and I'm 95% certain that I have my answer: Dr. Barry Eppley.

Damn, these forums are absolutely dead. Anyway, I suppose this will be my last post in this thread. Maybe it can help somebody in the future.

I'm going to be moving forward with the surgery with Dr Eppley. He seems to be one of the best for this type of procedure, and it's not something you want to cut corners on. I sent pictures to the doctor and he suggested more or less what I talked about earlier. I'm going to finalize the consultation date tomorrow, and then the surgery date will be roughly around September 2022.

They even sent me a projection of what the surgery will achieve. On the left is me now, unedited, and on the right is the "after" picture:

You look the same

Meanwhile I'm going to chiillax in my room to myself

I'm assuming you're joking. The eye orbit is more compact in the right photo.
You are right, but it is not a huge difference, especially to the untrained eye.
To achieve that result you are gonna to need saddles in your infraorbital rim implants tho, did Eppley mention anything about it?

You are right, but it is not a huge difference, especially to the untrained eye.
To achieve that result you are gonna to need saddles in your infraorbital rim implants tho, did Eppley mention anything about it?
I think the difference would be more apparent for forward-facing photos. And yes, that's basically what I was told.

More compact orbits are definitely more attractive. It is expensive though.

Guys, it looks like Dr Eppley also performs a surgery to create a downturned medial canthus!!! I'm getting a quote now.

All right, this forum is clearly completely dead, but I'm super excited!! This procedure only costs $7,000. f**k, I could just put that on a credit card. I was told this was a pipe dream, but it can actually be done. On top of that, I was told that this can be done during the same session as everything else. One trip and I'm upgraded to 10/10 eyes, all boxes checked!! I'm honestly stoked.

morph + thick neck.pngI got bored and tried to make a morph of what I should look like after the surgeries. It's not very well done, but you get the idea. *edit* I made my neck thicker too. Hitting the gym.

Last edited:
When's your surgery brother / OP? Yeah -- you're going to look f*****g sickkkkkkk. I'm working with Eppley now on upper lid bleph, infra-orbital (with what you're looking to do as well) + malar implants, and some of his trifecta solution for fat reduction for the cheeks. Probably going to cancel my proposed jaw implant after reading a ton of genio and bimax shiz on here, as I do have an overbite and should wrap that up prior to any jaw work. Regardless, I digress -- do you have a date? (Also, other procedures, any other than the eye-work?)

When's your surgery brother / OP? Yeah -- you're going to look f*****g sickkkkkkk. I'm working with Eppley now on upper lid bleph, infra-orbital (with what you're looking to do as well) + malar implants, and some of his trifecta solution for fat reduction for the cheeks. Probably going to cancel my proposed jaw implant after reading a ton of genio and bimax shiz on here, as I do have an overbite and should wrap that up prior to any jaw work. Regardless, I digress -- do you have a date? (Also, other procedures, any other than the eye-work?)
I don't have a date yet, but I was told it will likely be sometime around September of this year. The date will be finalized during the consultation, which is on March 5th. I really hope I get the results I'm looking for. Eppley definitely seems like my best shot.

HAae you had your consultation yet?

My apologies for the late reply. 2 consults thus far with Dr E (via Zoom as I'm in NorCal) and I just did the 3d CT Scan of the entire face that he needs yesterday. He's supposed to send over a proposal once he reviews the CT Scan DVD I mailed out this am. I did tell him about canceling the chin / jaw implant due to my bimax concern (i.e., the likely need for it) -- and he suggested an opening wedge sliding genioplasty with custom jaw angle implants in lieu / to consider. Excited to see what the plan will look like and I'll upload as soon as it's in. The name of the game though = I don't want to bulk up my already tall thick skin saggy face....

My apologies for the late reply. 2 consults thus far with Dr E (via Zoom as I'm in NorCal) and I just did the 3d CT Scan of the entire face that he needs yesterday. He's supposed to send over a proposal once he reviews the CT Scan DVD I mailed out this am. I did tell him about canceling the chin / jaw implant due to my bimax concern (i.e., the likely need for it) -- and he suggested an opening wedge sliding genioplasty with custom jaw angle implants in lieu / to consider. Excited to see what the plan will look like and I'll upload as soon as it's in. The name of the game though = I don't want to bulk up my already tall thick skin saggy face....
No worries man. And that sounds promising. I have my consultation in a couple weeks. I have a very prominent brow bone, so I don't really want any forward projection, and I don't want anything added to the glabella region as that angle is already very small. This is what I have in mind:
2-Custom-Right-Orbital-Implant-for-Asymmetry-design-front-view-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis-10...jpg

It is important to choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon for any procedure, including blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and orbital rim augmentation. Here are a few steps you can take to find a reputable plastic surgeon:

1. Consult with your primary care doctor or an ophthalmologist (eye doctor). They may be able to recommend a plastic surgeon who has experience with these procedures.
  2. Search for plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). The ABPS is the only plastic surgery board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
  3. Check with your local medical society or the state medical board to see if the surgeon is licensed to practice in your area.
  4. Look for a plastic surgeon who has a good reputation and a track record of satisfied patients. You can ask for recommendations from friends, family, or other healthcare providers, or you can check online reviews and ratings.
  5. Schedule a consultation with the surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns, and ask about their experience and training specifically in blepharoplasty and orbital rim augmentation. It is important to feel comfortable with the surgeon and to have a good understanding of the potential risks and benefits of the procedures.

Back