myfacehurts66682828
Member
- Joined
- Aug 31, 2026
- Messages
- 33
- Online time
- 8h 39m
- Reputation
- 46
Hi sorry this is a long post but I don’t know where else to turn. I’m a 20-year-old female, and I have had this jaw issue for as long as I can remember. At first, it didn’t bother me, but every single day it gets worse. The aesthetic aspect is only one part of it. I don’t expect a fix to make me pretty, but at least it would make me more symmetrical. However, I have so much pain from this.
These are my symptoms aside from the obvious one side is softer:
Feels way too small for my mouth
Hurts when I try to open it
Jaw pain connected to my ears on both sides
Pain in my neck
Biting my cheeks and tongue
Feeling like my jaw is mismatched and being obsessed with trying to move it back
Clenching non-stop ( I have a night guard that does nothing)
Tongue position feels like my mouth is too small
Had braces when I was young to mask it
Throat feels strained
Ear ‘opens’ when I move my jaw
My left side of my body is higher up than my other but my left side of face is softer idk how that works like my hip is higher and more defined. Here is a picture of that, it looks like I’m standing taller on one leg or leaning to the side but I’m not that’s just my natural body
Note- My sister is getting double jaw for her jaw she has a bad overbite ( they said it’s the worst they’ve seen) and something else and my father had really bad clenching grinding issues. My genetics are soo perfect yay



I’ve been to two orthodontists and one maxillofacial surgeon, and they haven’t done anything. It makes me so frustrated because there is obviously an issue. They acknowledged that there’s a problem, but they don't act on it.
When I got my wisdom teeth removed, the surgeon said if he had more time, he would have helped me fix it which makes me feel even more helpless, knowing I was so close to relief.
I’m going to a new orthodontist in a week, and I’m anxious it won’t help and that I’ll have paid all that money for nothing. However, I don’t want to cancel since it took a month to get this appointment, and I want to be seen as soon as possible.
If anyone has any advice on what to do or who to see, I would be really, greatly appreciative. This issue has severely decreased my quality of life, and I can’t even write this without crying and feeling an overwhelming sense of doom. I don’t expect to look perfect I know there are other issues I just don’t want to keep living with this pain and discomfort.i can physically feel the issue and it’s obvious in real life I was bullied about this throughout my high school and I know it contributes to how people treat me out of it.
Thank you in advance to anyone
These are my symptoms aside from the obvious one side is softer:
Feels way too small for my mouth
Hurts when I try to open it
Jaw pain connected to my ears on both sides
Pain in my neck
Biting my cheeks and tongue
Feeling like my jaw is mismatched and being obsessed with trying to move it back
Clenching non-stop ( I have a night guard that does nothing)
Tongue position feels like my mouth is too small
Had braces when I was young to mask it
Throat feels strained
Ear ‘opens’ when I move my jaw
My left side of my body is higher up than my other but my left side of face is softer idk how that works like my hip is higher and more defined. Here is a picture of that, it looks like I’m standing taller on one leg or leaning to the side but I’m not that’s just my natural body
Note- My sister is getting double jaw for her jaw she has a bad overbite ( they said it’s the worst they’ve seen) and something else and my father had really bad clenching grinding issues. My genetics are soo perfect yay
I’ve been to two orthodontists and one maxillofacial surgeon, and they haven’t done anything. It makes me so frustrated because there is obviously an issue. They acknowledged that there’s a problem, but they don't act on it.
When I got my wisdom teeth removed, the surgeon said if he had more time, he would have helped me fix it which makes me feel even more helpless, knowing I was so close to relief.
I’m going to a new orthodontist in a week, and I’m anxious it won’t help and that I’ll have paid all that money for nothing. However, I don’t want to cancel since it took a month to get this appointment, and I want to be seen as soon as possible.
If anyone has any advice on what to do or who to see, I would be really, greatly appreciative. This issue has severely decreased my quality of life, and I can’t even write this without crying and feeling an overwhelming sense of doom. I don’t expect to look perfect I know there are other issues I just don’t want to keep living with this pain and discomfort.i can physically feel the issue and it’s obvious in real life I was bullied about this throughout my high school and I know it contributes to how people treat me out of it.
Thank you in advance to anyone
Last edited: