Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

What to consider when choosing a shampoo for four different hair types

David

KRAFT POWER STRENGTHHH
Now, let's find the perfect shampoo that will help keep your hair healthy and looking fantastic. As you start your search for the right shampoo, here are a few things to keep in mind based on your hair type:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shampoo for Coily Hair​

If you have coily hair, I understand that keeping it hydrated, and free from damage and frizz can be a bit of a challenge. But don't worry, I'm here to help! One of the best ways to take care of your hair is by choosing shampoos that contain natural oils or butters. They can keep your hair hydrated and add a protective layer to each strand. You can also try out shampoos that are advertised as strengthening - they work well for coily hair too.

519185cba4f8e256766553e6ff67d281.jpg
1705233107924.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shampoo for Curly Hair​

Did you know that curly hair dries out faster than straight hair due to its unique shape? But don't worry, taking good care of your curls is easy! To keep them healthy and bouncy, simply switch to shampoos with moisturizing properties and avoid products with sulfates or silicones, which can actually harm your curls. Instead, look for hair care products that contain natural oils and hydrating ingredients to keep your curls frizz-free and looking fantastic!

25.jpg
1705233718633.png

Shampoo for Wavy Hair​

If you have wavy hair, you know that it can be a bit of a challenge to find the right hair products. But don't worry, I'm here to help! To get the perfect balance of hydration without leaving excess oil, look for hair products that contain moisturizing ingredients like glycerin or coconut oil. These ingredients will give your hair the love and care it deserves.

1705233989749.png
48020418-guys-with-curlu-hair-.jpg

Shampoo for Straight Hair​

Did you know that straight hair can be more susceptible to looking greasy and lifeless? But don't worry, I've got some tips for you! Try using natural proteins to add some fullness, vitamins to promote healthy hair, and ingredients like tea tree oil to kick that greasy look to the curb.

43de1938359ba0036b8cf9cd36451cdf.jpg
7cb2a31095d6bd6e94dd68dca32ed683.jpg

Ingredients to Look For in Men’s Shampoo​

It’s always a good idea to scan that label before you invest in a shampoo, and while you do so you should keep an eye out for these ingredients:

Glycerin. (Glycerin is a superhero when it comes to moisturizing ingredients, as it attracts hydration into your skin and follicles and helps lock it in so you don’t lose moisture throughout the day. In shampoos, glycerin also helps strengthen strands to prevent breakage.)
Natural Oils. (Oils such as avocado, jojoba, argan, and coconut deliver on all fronts. They give nutrients to your hair that help it grow thick and healthy while also providing moisture to the strands and scalp.)
Shea Butter. (Shea butter is another powerful moisturizing ingredient that is especially important for textured hair. This ingredient will combat frizz and boost shine while also using its anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the scalp.)
Aloe Vera. (Aloe works to strengthen and repair your hair so you can avoid breakage. It also soothes your scalp and fends off inflammation which will, in turn, lead to healthier-looking hair. Its moisturizing capabilities are just an added bonus!)
Sulfate-Free Surfactants. (Surfactants act as cleansing agents to get rid of dirt and buildup and leave your scalp and hair clean and ready to absorb nutrients and moisture. Instead of sulfate, look for naturally derived surfactants that have the same effect without any of the downsides. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blu Atlas

blu-atlas.png

Not only is this fan-favorite shampoo suitable for all hair types, but it also packs a lot of nutrition into an affordable, 99% naturally sourced formula. What’s not to love? Men with all hair types will benefit from this product’s strengthening properties and its ingredients that tackle oil buildup while simultaneously hydrating strands.

Best For: All hair types and men who prefer premium and eco-friendly products. [$25; bluatlas.com]

Olaplex Number 4

olaplex-number-4.png

This innovative formula from Olaplex uses new technology to restore damaged hair to its previous strength and luster. It does this by tackling the millions of disulfide bonds within your hair that are responsible for strength and structure. Just be aware that it may take weeks of use before you start noticing the effects of this shampoo, so have patience.

Best For: Damaged or color-treated hair. [$30; amazon.com]

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree

paul-mitchell-tea-tree.png

Paul Mitchell is one of the biggest names in hair, and this shampoo is the brand’s best-seller. That’s because of its formula which combines natural powerhouses like tea tree and peppermint oil to create that unmistakable tingling sensation that comes with a good deep clean.

Best For: Oily hair or hard water. [$17; ulta.com]

Urtekram Intense Moisture

urtekram-intense-moisture.png

Get this all-natural shampoo that uses plant-based, vegan ingredients to deliver serious moisture to your hair and boost softness and shine. Soothing aloe vera and invigorating lemongrass tackle your hair issues at the root to promote strong, healthy, and revitalized hair. Plus, it comes in sustainable plant-based packaging, a win-win for eco-conscious men who want healthy hair!

Best For: Dry or curly hair. [$22; amazon.com]

: David

Last edited:
Good thread, but no shampoo is the way imo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This took me so much time to put:sleep:

• Reddit Gold
Reactions: Tim
high effort

happy to see new users making threads

Good thread, but no shampoo is the way imo
started using no shampoo and now my hair stays in place when i style it in the morning + it looks less flat. ppl at school even noticed and complimented me when i tried this

started using no shampoo and now my hair stays in place when i style it in the morning + it looks less flat. ppl at school even noticed and complimented me when i tried this
Good shit man, thats why i recommend people no shampoo

nice thread shouldve tagged me to read