Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Why are powerlifting competitions dominated by asians and whites?

Neo

Pakistan Zindabad
Top Contributor
Established Member
What are the genes/factors that cause them to be so successful?

the only black powerlifter i can think of is mark henry and i think he’s more of a strongman.

Most, but not all Blacks have shit leverages for powerlifting.

Ed Coan, the most famous powerlifter on the other hand, has the perfect powerlifters build.
edcoan07_lg.jpg

He's short, He has a long torso, short legs, long arms, and insanely thick bones. His wrist size is 8 inches. In comparison he has a insane squat and deadlift thanks to his leverages, but suffers on the bench. He suffers way less on the bench than other lanky armed guys because of his insane bone thickness.

I have lanky limbs and arms and much thinner bones than him. I could juice like a hardcore powerlifter, but never reach his strength.

My wrist is just around the 7 inch mark. 0526211151.jpg

His wrists are a whole inch bigger.

Reactions: Neo

the only black powerlifter i can think of is mark henry and i think he’s more of a strongman.
good question

Asian and white men have more voluminous bones (but less bone density)

More intramuscular fat and glycogen which keeps the muscles and tendons from overcontracting thus lower chance of muscular failure, stiffer ligaments

Wider ribcage and waist/hips which adds stability

Although, from my point of view, most top tier asian and white strongmen have a lot of negroid features, such as high set calves, shorter muscle bellies and longer tendons

Just taking a shot at this…

powerlifting does not really translate to athleticism. A powerlifter likely has short limbs and naturally thick wrists/forearms/knees/legs. In other words, their bodies are ideal for power and explosiveness… not athleticism overall. You ever notice how a lot of black guys have naturally athletic bodies even if they have know muscle? Waists narrow as f**k, wide clavicles/scapulas. Yeah… their builds are just naturally more conducive for overall athleticism as opposed to brute strength / pure power.

I’d say whites are genetically predisposed to be stronger/more powerful than blacks, but blacks are far more athletic overall. Sure, whites might take strength competitions, but blacks dominate bodybuilding, combat sports, and practically every physically demanding sport played today.

Back