Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Dentist won't give me veneers for short lateral incisors?

micelvmur

New member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Messages
16
Online time
3h 53m
Reputation
15
I am not talking about ''peg laterals'', just teeth that are noticeably shorter than my upper front teeth.

I would like a symmetrical smile and I feel uncomfortable showing my teeth when smiling.

The dentist only filled up the area between my front teeth and laterals with composite (bonding) to make it look more symmetrical, but it didn't make them longer of course.

My dentist says the chance of me biting them off is too big because when I put my upper teeth on my lower teeth, the laterals directly hit my lower teeth. So this means that there is likely a small jaw issue like an overbite or an underbite, right?

Or is this normal? Because most people have laterals generally maybe only a little shorter than their front teeth, mine are like half the size of my front teeth.

Are crowns maybe a better option?
 
I am not talking about ''peg laterals'', just teeth that are noticeably shorter than my upper front teeth.

I would like a symmetrical smile and I feel uncomfortable showing my teeth when smiling.

The dentist only filled up the area between my front teeth and laterals with composite (bonding) to make it look more symmetrical, but it didn't make them longer of course.

My dentist says the chance of me biting them off is too big because when I put my upper teeth on my lower teeth, the laterals directly hit my lower teeth. So this means that there is likely a small jaw issue like an overbite or an underbite, right?

Or is this normal? Because most people have laterals generally maybe only a little shorter than their front teeth, mine are like half the size of my front teeth.

Are crowns maybe a better option?
Fuck up ur teeth then
Ik many people who fucked up theirs on purpose
And in the long run got the best teeth ever
 
I am not talking about ''peg laterals'', just teeth that are noticeably shorter than my upper front teeth.

I would like a symmetrical smile and I feel uncomfortable showing my teeth when smiling.

The dentist only filled up the area between my front teeth and laterals with composite (bonding) to make it look more symmetrical, but it didn't make them longer of course.

My dentist says the chance of me biting them off is too big because when I put my upper teeth on my lower teeth, the laterals directly hit my lower teeth. So this means that there is likely a small jaw issue like an overbite or an underbite, right?

Or is this normal? Because most people have laterals generally maybe only a little shorter than their front teeth, mine are like half the size of my front teeth.

Are crowns maybe a better option?
honestly you should trust your dentist on this one, or seek a surgeon to analyze it better
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top