Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

discrepancies between male & female ideals

I am looking to start a discussion regarding why there is less of an emphasis on conventional looksmaxxing for women.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, no hate intended...

When placed in the context of social media and modelling, men have more diverse features and can still be found attractive as they are... women considered attractive are more copy + paste with the same makeup looks, nails, lashes, BBL, Photoshop, whatever. There seems a lot more emphasis on our having a specific and/or uniform appearance.

Looksmaxxing is clearly a more male-dominated field. For women, I don't believe bone structure, body proportions etc. are placed in as high regard as with men, and softer features are sometimes found permissible in contrast to their defined counterparts. We're also more susceptible to fall victim to (excessive) use of makeup - which men aren't encouraged to do - and plastic surgery to mask imperfections. This leaves me wondering if there is any point in trying to change ourselves as we are; it doesn't sit well with me that you can 'fake it til you make it', but your children will still inherit the genetic traits you were born with. If they are exposed to the same environmental and physiological factors, they will also be likely to develop the same deficits e.g. recessed chin due to prolonged mouth breathing. You will still have the same face you were born with - but what does it matter if you age when you can cover it all anyway?

Shouldn't we encourage women to also correct their lifestyle postures and implement self-care activities, instead of hiding their imperfections?
Why is the emphasis on looking like duplicates of each other for women, but making the most of what you look like as a man?
What happened to appreciating authenticity in the midst of a multi-billion dollar cosmetics industry?

interesting point
when you look back at why looksmaxxing started , it originated as a way for incels to improve their appearance and have a chance in the hypergamous dating scene
an average man will have a hard time dating while an average women will be flooded by attention
plastic surgery to mask imperfections
plastic surgery fixes imperfections
women considered attractive are more copy + paste with the same makeup looks, nails, lashes, BBL, Photoshop, whatever. There seems a lot more emphasis on our having a specific and/or uniform appearance.
beauty standards are 70% biologic and 30% cultural : wide hips , hooded eyes , strong dentofacial development , healthy skin all these are indicators that show that the women in question is healthy and have good genes
but your children will still inherit the genetic traits you were born with. If they are exposed to the same environmental and physiological factors, they will also be likely to develop the same deficits
becoming more attractive will attract better looking partners , thus having better genes for your kids

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
interesting point
when you look back at why looksmaxxing started , it originated as a way for incels to improve their appearance and have a chance in the hypergamous dating scene
an average man will have a hard time dating while an average women will be flooded by attention

plastic surgery fixes imperfections

beauty standards are 70% biologic and 30% cultural : wide hips , hooded eyes , strong dentofacial development , healthy skin all these are indicators that show that the women in question is healthy and have good genes

becoming more attractive will attract better looking partners , thus having better genes for your kids
thank you for these insights :D
the concept of hypergamy, iirc, is that women date up and across in hierarchy? while they may get more attention, i'd say it's more difficult for a successful/good looking woman to find such a suitable partner amidst the average man.
clearly poor word choice on my behalf re: plastic surgery.
hooded eyes are interesting as I thought this was a typically masculine feature and make you look less 'innocent' which is associated with femininity. wide hips I'm assuming would be in appropriate proportion to the waist, and a bust of a similar size? or objectively large measurements?
your last point brings me back to whether augmentative measures like cosmetics contribute to the concept of 'attractiveness', which is debatable in itself.

I am looking to start a discussion regarding why there is less of an emphasis on conventional looksmaxxing for women.

When placed in the context of social media and modelling, men have more diverse features and can still be found attractive as they are... women considered attractive are more copy + paste with the same makeup looks, nails, lashes, BBL, Photoshop, whatever. There seems a lot more emphasis on our having a specific and/or uniform appearance.

Looksmaxxing is clearly a more male-dominated field. For women, I don't believe bone structure, body proportions etc. are placed in as high regard as with men, and softer features are sometimes found permissible in contrast to their defined counterparts. We're also more susceptible to fall victim to (excessive) use of makeup - which men aren't encouraged to do - and plastic surgery to mask imperfections. This leaves me wondering if there is any point in trying to change ourselves as we are; it doesn't sit well with me that you can 'fake it til you make it', but your children will still inherit the genetic traits you were born with. If they are exposed to the same environmental and physiological factors, they will also be likely to develop the same deficits e.g. recessed chin due to prolonged mouth breathing. You will still have the same face you were born with - but what does it matter if you age when you can cover it all anyway?

Shouldn't we encourage women to also correct their lifestyle postures and implement self-care activities, instead of hiding their imperfections?
Why is the emphasis on looking like duplicates of each other for women, but making the most of what you look like as a man?
What happened to appreciating authenticity in the midst of a multi-billion dollar cosmetics industry?
dnrd a single molecule tbh but u from Aus?

this is a good talking point @toriakaravchuk

Back