Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Guide Eczema Tips

musicgivesmelife

As someone who has dealt with severe eczema the past 5 years, I have a couple tips for people who have ezcema.

Ask if you can mix in your (Non steroid) Topicals with your Moisturizer:
As someone who found it extremely annoying to have to put on topicals every single day multiple times, I always struggled to be consistent. However, in some cases, you can mix in your topicals (ex: Tacromilus Ointment) with your moisturizer (CeraVe). ALWAYS ask your doctor/dermatologist if this is okay prior to mixing. I would advise to never mix topical steroids onto your skin as you can easily accidentally apply it to an area where you aren't, which can cause repercussions in the future.

WEAR GLOVES TO STOP ITCHING:
If you are at home and constantly itching, try wearing gloves. I know that itching is very hard to resist and that is why I would say don't just try to "stop itching" by will alone. It may seem embarrassing or annoying at first, but I would say that the embarrassed feeling at home is a lot better than having irritated and ugly skin outside.

AVOID HOT/LONG SHOWERS AT ALL COSTS:
If you take hot and long showers because it feels good on the eczema skin, do NOT. It absolutely damages your skin and makes it so hard to take care of. Cold showers are okay but I personally would advise going for a warm shower as that is the best for the skin. Also make sure to moisturize within 5-10 minutes after getting out of the shower. The Lipikar Wash AP+ Moisturizing Body & Face Wash from La-Roche-Posay worked for me as my body wash.

WASH YOUR SHEETS WEEKLY:
Your sheets most likely get very dirty and has skin all over it, irritating and getting your skin dirty. I would advise you wear non-irritating clothes sleeping and to not go nude/shirtless as it causes pimples across the torso from my experience. Make sure to wash your clothes weekly at the minimum, and try out the Free and Clear detergents, although I'm not sure that made too much of a difference. Also avoid dryer sheets as that could also irritate your skin.

ACCOUNT FOR ALLERGENS/FOODS:
If you have any allergies to things in the air such as pollen or dust mites, I would heavily suggest to get an air purifier. I would advise to just get one anyways even if you aren't allergic to something. Also, what you eat has a serious effect and can affect your skin so make sure to avoid things that are inflammatory or you have allergies to.

ASK YOUR DERMATOLOGIST ABOUT DUPIXENT:
Many people I know who have had eczema have gotten on dupixent and within a short period of time (like a couple weeks or a month), they can see DRASTIC changes. I personally got on it and it honestly saved my life. My self confidence was super low when I knew that people saw my skin as bad and even pointed it out numerous times, but after I got on it, it boosted my self confidence by a lot. However, Dupixent is expensive and not everyone qualifies for it, as it is usually only for people with SEVERE eczema. Try and find out if your insurance covers for it, because if you take it, you don't have to do nearly as much to take care of your skin.

I hope this helps out with anyone struggling like I did and feel free to ask questions and I will try to help to answer them. Please don't be afraid to talk to your dermatologist about any problem, and if you don't have one, try and get one ASAP as they know what they are doing.

As someone who has dealt with severe eczema the past 5 years, I have a couple tips for people who have ezcema.

Ask if you can mix in your (Non steroid) Topicals with your Moisturizer:
As someone who found it extremely annoying to have to put on topicals every single day multiple times, I always struggled to be consistent. However, in some cases, you can mix in your topicals (ex: Tacromilus Ointment) with your moisturizer (CeraVe). ALWAYS ask your doctor/dermatologist if this is okay prior to mixing. I would advise to never mix topical steroids onto your skin as you can easily accidentally apply it to an area where you aren't, which can cause repercussions in the future.

WEAR GLOVES TO STOP ITCHING:
If you are at home and constantly itching, try wearing gloves. I know that itching is very hard to resist and that is why I would say don't just try to "stop itching" by will alone. It may seem embarrassing or annoying at first, but I would say that the embarrassed feeling at home is a lot better than having irritated and ugly skin outside.

AVOID HOT/LONG SHOWERS AT ALL COSTS:
If you take hot and long showers because it feels good on the eczema skin, do NOT. It absolutely damages your skin and makes it so hard to take care of. Cold showers are okay but I personally would advise going for a warm shower as that is the best for the skin. Also make sure to moisturize within 5-10 minutes after getting out of the shower. The Lipikar Wash AP+ Moisturizing Body & Face Wash from La-Roche-Posay worked for me as my body wash.

WASH YOUR SHEETS WEEKLY:
Your sheets most likely get very dirty and has skin all over it, irritating and getting your skin dirty. I would advise you wear non-irritating clothes sleeping and to not go nude/shirtless as it causes pimples across the torso from my experience. Make sure to wash your clothes weekly at the minimum, and try out the Free and Clear detergents, although I'm not sure that made too much of a difference. Also avoid dryer sheets as that could also irritate your skin.

ACCOUNT FOR ALLERGENS/FOODS:
If you have any allergies to things in the air such as pollen or dust mites, I would heavily suggest to get an air purifier. I would advise to just get one anyways even if you aren't allergic to something. Also, what you eat has a serious effect and can affect your skin so make sure to avoid things that are inflammatory or you have allergies to.

ASK YOUR DERMATOLOGIST ABOUT DUPIXENT:
Many people I know who have had eczema have gotten on dupixent and within a short period of time (like a couple weeks or a month), they can see DRASTIC changes. I personally got on it and it honestly saved my life. My self confidence was super low when I knew that people saw my skin as bad and even pointed it out numerous times, but after I got on it, it boosted my self confidence by a lot. However, Dupixent is expensive and not everyone qualifies for it, as it is usually only for people with SEVERE eczema. Try and find out if your insurance covers for it, because if you take it, you don't have to do nearly as much to take care of your skin.

I hope this helps out with anyone struggling like I did and feel free to ask questions and I will try to help to answer them. Please don't be afraid to talk to your dermatologist about any problem, and if you don't have one, try and get one ASAP as they know what they are doing.
good post @musicgivesmelife