Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Please help I am recessed

quepasta

if you can’t join them, rise above them
Top Contributor
Established Member
As stated in the title, I’m unfortunately slightly recessed, more so in my mandible and chin but my maxillary projection isn’t great either.

First things first I am planning on getting corrective surgery when I am old enough, but only if I cannot fix it through less invasive methods in the meantime.

Which brings me to the question of what can I do to correct this? I’m going to the dentist in a couple weeks and want to have some idea of if any orthodontic appliances will help me.

Will a palette expander looksmax me? I know that one of the goals of mewing is to expand the palette.

It is also important that I know which orthodontic procedures to avoid (such as pulling teeth) so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m already keeping good posture, mewing, neck training, sleeping without a pillow and thumbpulling. Unfortunately I think I mouth breathe at night and I implement mouth taping but the tape always falls off.

I’m also taking a bone support supplement with d3, magnesium, calcium, and zinc to try to grow my bones

I am 14 so I still can develop more but I want to do all I can to fix this

Please help I’m sorry to ask so many questions in one thread but it’s been bothering me a lot lately

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
mewing as a 14yo will help you
i started mewing when i was 17 a year later and it boosted my forward growth
any advice about nighttime mouth breathing

pray to gandy for bimax worked for me

tape your mouth
did you read the thread? I said I do but the tape comes off I don’t think i’m doing it right or something

did you read the thread? I said I do but the tape comes off I don’t think i’m doing it right or something
yeah right my bad
maybe use another type of tape
personally i trained myself to breathe through my nose while sleeping

yeah right my bad
maybe use another type of tape
personally i trained myself to breathe through my nose while sleeping
can you elaborate on how you trained yourself

can you elaborate on how you trained yourself
make sure your nose is cleared ( free of mucus )
and breathe manually through your nose with your mouth shut before you fall asleep
repeat and practice each day
thats it