Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

The importance of the submental area

Zal

Didn't change anything besides the submental area and you can see the absurd difference it makes between the two pictures notably how protruding the chin looks like without touching it at all.

@AstroSky Can you list all the stuff to improve the submental area mate? Or is this just a death sentence result of having a low hyoid bone that nothing can be done about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same changes (submental only, chin UNTOUCHED) in better lightning.

haha subhuman gene i litterly have nothing under my chin unless i let my tounge flop and look as down as possible

It literary the muscles becoming lose and lengthy due to improper posture and head posture as a child.

How much time would you say it takes to reverse the damage? In theory it shouldn't take as much time as mewing changes since it's not bone but muscle

Yes train your hyoid. Look up exercise for hyoid. Should find a study that shows how they are able to make your hyoid go higher from shortening he muscles with quick jaw opening exercise daily
Link?

Yes train your hyoid. Look up exercise for hyoid. Should find a study that shows how they are able to make your hyoid go higher from shortening he muscles with quick jaw opening exercise daily
Can hyoid training make mewing easier? By this I mean, can it make oral posture maintenance easier and will my tongue stay on the roof of my mouth for longer periods of time with ease?

Can hyoid training make mewing easier? By this I mean, can it make oral posture maintenance easier and will my tongue stay on the roof of my mouth for longer periods of time with ease?

Since my hyoid bone is low positioned currently I cannot put the root of my tongue on the roof of my mouth, so yeah I don't think complete mewing is actually possible before you fix your hyoid bone positioning as it's related to your tongue root positioning.

Update: 4 days into the exercise twice a day definitely starting to see some changes in my hyoid bone positioning.

(4 days update pic)

Gotta start working on my tongue posture as well, as you can see the hyoid bone's positioning is one thing but it doesn't solve the loose skin right under the chin.

Back