Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Experience What actually helped me improve my skin texture?

Jasleen

New member
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Messages
10
Online time
2h 2s
Reputation
5
Location
New Jersey
It’s been a while since we had a proper discussion about daily skin routines, so I thought I’d share what has been working for me and see what everyone else is doing.
I’ve spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what actually makes a difference to skin texture without turning my routine into a 10-step experiment. What has helped me most is keeping the basics consistent rather than constantly switching products. My routine became much simpler over time:
  1. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
  2. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum
  3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
  4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF during the day
  5. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% occasionally at night
The derma roller was the part I was most cautious about. I didn’t want something complicated or aggressive, so I went with a 0.25 mm roller and focused more on keeping the tool clean and using light pressure than trying to get a stronger sensation. I don't think more irritation automatically means better results.
I’ve also learned that consistency matters more than adding another serum every time I see someone recommend one. If something irritates my skin, I’d rather remove it than keep adding products on top of it. For anyone interested, this is the roller I’ve been looking at/using: Tilcare 0.25 mm Derma Roller. I’m still interested in hearing what other people found actually made a noticeable difference especially if you dealt with uneven texture, enlarged-looking pores, or old marks. What product or routine change made the biggest difference for you?
 
It’s been a while since we had a proper discussion about daily skin routines, so I thought I’d share what has been working for me and see what everyone else is doing.
I’ve spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what actually makes a difference to skin texture without turning my routine into a 10-step experiment. What has helped me most is keeping the basics consistent rather than constantly switching products. My routine became much simpler over time:
  1. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
  2. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum
  3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
  4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF during the day
  5. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% occasionally at night
The derma roller was the part I was most cautious about. I didn’t want something complicated or aggressive, so I went with a 0.25 mm roller and focused more on keeping the tool clean and using light pressure than trying to get a stronger sensation. I don't think more irritation automatically means better results.
I’ve also learned that consistency matters more than adding another serum every time I see someone recommend one. If something irritates my skin, I’d rather remove it than keep adding products on top of it. For anyone interested, this is the roller I’ve been looking at/using:Tilcare 0.25 mm Derma Roller. I’m still interested in hearing what other people found actually made a noticeable difference especially if you dealt with uneven texture, enlarged-looking pores, or old marks. What product or routine change made the biggest difference for you?
Use Azelaic acid
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top