Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Rage Acne or Ingrown hairs

HerculesJr.

I am not angry enough
Reputable ★★
Established ★★
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
6,001
Online time
17d 8h
Reputation
9,607
Location
The Sky Island
Guild
Sunlight Tribe
I've had it bro.

For the past year almost I've had acne on both sides of my jaw/face. No matter what I've done (like putting anti acne cream on and exfoliating) it hasn't gone away

In fact I think it's gotten worse

But it happens to appear in both areas I shave the most. Which are both sides of my jaw (my sideburns) so I'm thinking it's either ingrown hair or I'm not disinfecting after shaving enough.
 
I've had it bro.

For the past year almost I've had acne on both sides of my jaw/face. No matter what I've done (like putting anti acne cream on and exfoliating) it hasn't gone away

In fact I think it's gotten worse

But it happens to appear in both areas I shave the most. Which are both sides of my jaw (my sideburns) so I'm thinking it's either ingrown hair or I'm not disinfecting after shaving enough.
I'd rather have acne
 
Probably acne, just that it gets irritated through shaving.
 
How do I solve this situation
Go to the doctor, they usually prescribe like a steroid cream and tablets. I heard that’s what they gave a couple of people who I went to school with, pretty sure it worked.
 
I've had it bro.

For the past year almost I've had acne on both sides of my jaw/face. No matter what I've done (like putting anti acne cream on and exfoliating) it hasn't gone away

In fact I think it's gotten worse

But it happens to appear in both areas I shave the most. Which are both sides of my jaw (my sideburns) so I'm thinking it's either ingrown hair or I'm not disinfecting after shaving enough.
Just trim instead of shaving
What do you use to shave
 
use a double edged safety razor instead, multiple blade cartridge razors are expensive and they SUCK. you dont need aftershave instead just splash your face and use moisturizer.

if you have a lot of acne just use an electric trimmer instead.
Yeah you can try a safety razor w/ some proper shaving cream and a shaving brush, but if you have acne, you better stick to a trimmer indeed
 
are you putting any active skincare ingredients on your face after shaving
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top