Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Concern about Ketosis: Could be serious

sexlesstosexles

Established Member
I agree and believe that Ketosis does indeed cause weight loss. My concern is not whether or not Ketosis will cause weight loss. But I am wondering if Liver Glycogen Depletion may be hazardous.

There is a disease of fatty liver, but I am wondering if having 0 fat on the liver could also cause harm.

here is a wall of text about it i'm not going to read it but you can if you want

As long as you're eating healthy and properly even in a calorie deficit there wouldnt be 0 fat in the liver unless you have an illness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As long as you're eating healthy and properly even in a calorie deficit there wouldnt be 0 fat in the liver unless you have an illness.
I am not an expert but from what I read online, ketosis depletes fat from the liver

yes and it causes the body to draw from fat stores all over the body. Hormones such as adrenaline and glucagon are released, which signal the adipose tissue to release fatty acids into the bloodstream. The liver is the body's main organ for processing food and waste materials. A healthy liver contains very little or no fat. If you drink too much alcohol, or eat too much food, your body deals with this excess by turning some of the calories into fat. This fat is then stored in liver cells.

The liver doesn't actually have fat or isnt supposed to unless you're unhealthy. The liver only stimulates the body to burn fat for energy by releasing certain hormones.

Back