Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion How can I get rid of my redness?

Sheremeta5155

Hi everyone, I am 17 and I have acne since 11, or not 10. I tried about a hundred ways to reduce it, but the only methods that work for me is acnecutan and healthy lifestyle. I'm on 48mg/day now and my cheeks are red and hot 24/7. My skincare: La roche-posay lipikar syndet ap+ cleanser and lipicar lait lotion in the morning, the same cleanser and lipikar baume ap+m in the evening. Also I use spf when I have to go out from home. My dermatologist recommended me Bioderma forte cream, but it's nearly 40$ for 40ml. Does it worth it? Can prebiotic serum help me solo or together with this Bioderma cream? Any advice how to get rid of my redness on cheeks?

Attachments

• IMG_20240429_113822_600.jpg
    IMG_20240429_113822_600.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 5
It might be rosacea, if it is then it's not really "curable".
You should find out/experiment on what makes you appear to break out red and cut out those foods/drinks, activities

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It might be rosacea, if it is then it's not really "curable".
You should find out/experiment on what makes you appear to break out red and cut out those foods/drinks, activities
Thanks! I think it's because of acnecutan, stress (I have 4 exams next 2 moths), bad sleep (It takes me a long time to fall asleep) and neck muscle spasm (I read that it can impair circulation). Are there any skincare products that can reduce it?

It sounds like you have rosacea. Make yourself familiar with the triggers and avoid them.
Common Rosacea Triggers
If this is something you have started noticing after starting Acnecutan, then you need to inform your derm stat. Isotretinoin is known to cause Rosacea as a side effect. Take care and good luck.

Hi everyone, I am 17 and I have acne since 11, or not 10. I tried about a hundred ways to reduce it, but the only methods that work for me is acnecutan and healthy lifestyle. I'm on 48mg/day now and my cheeks are red and hot 24/7. My skincare: La roche-posay lipikar syndet ap+ cleanser and lipicar lait lotion in the morning, the same cleanser and lipikar baume ap+m in the evening. Also I use spf when I have to go out from home. My dermatologist recommended me Bioderma forte cream, but it's nearly 40$ for 40ml. Does it worth it? Can prebiotic serum help me solo or together with this Bioderma cream? Any advice how to get rid of my redness on cheeks?
Use ice too, it is a basic skincare element which helps more than the other products combined, it reduces redness ( -> irritation) and swelling, use any mosuturizer after using ice

Most skincare products bind to your proteins, activating an immune response and causing inflammation, which sounds like your symptoms

vaseline is one of the few skincare products that is not absorbed by the body, have you tried that yet?

Thanks! I think it's because of acnecutan, stress (I have 4 exams next 2 moths), bad sleep (It takes me a long time to fall asleep) and neck muscle spasm (I read that it can impair circulation). Are there any skincare products that can reduce it?
i think im having neck muscle spasms too, tell me more about yours

Back