Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Poll Should users be able to delete their own threads?

Should users be able to delete their own threads?

• Yes, anytime

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Yes, but for only 24 hours

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Dean

Chadmin || Founder
Administrator
Hey guys, just wanted to run a poll to get your thoughts on whether or not users should be able to remove their own threads within 24 hours after creating it?

I know a lot of people don't want their pictures to stay on here, so this would help with that if you get the feedback you need.

What do you guys think?

Please vote :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Staff
Sometimes there is good discussion in rating threads and it would be a loss if its deleted
that's true, but I feel like people would be more comfortable knowing they can take down their thread easily if they want

Another point to add is that having pictures on this forum might affect your digital footprint with employers, and so on. If we're talking about self-improvement, I don't think it's ideal to stunt yourself financially by potentially being rejected because of such a reason.

I think that having the option to delete your post would also make users feel more comfortable and safe here, because they could be able to delete their pics whenever they like for privacy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Staff
I think that having the option to delete your post would also make users feel more comfortable and safe here, because they could be able to delete their pics whenever they like for privacy
Thanks for sharing your opinion @allexxs

Are you open to a time-limit, or permanent?

Thanks for sharing your opinion @allexxs

Are you open to a time-limit, or permanent?
Time limit is better for guides or other threads if like someone realized they messed up something
but for rating threads better permanent or atleast a 1 month time limit

people can copy threads and have backups in case, so you can delete. also there should be like a timer. if you click delete, there will be a 24 hour time period to cancel delete. if it is must read then instead of bookmarking that thread i can copy and paste it to have a backup for myself bc that info is good. also like nihilus said, no mass deleting, one month at a time

Hey guys, just wanted to run a poll to get your thoughts on whether or not users should be able to remove their own threads within 24 hours after creating it?

I know a lot of people don't want their pictures to stay on here, so this would help with that if you get the feedback you need.

What do you guys think?

Please vote :)
Only their pictures

Another point to add is that having pictures on this forum might affect your digital footprint with employers, and so on. If we're talking about self-improvement, I don't think it's ideal to stunt yourself financially by potentially being rejected because of such a reason.
agree but i feel the main issue is capitalism

employers that discriminate based on forum activity should be choked (metaphorically) until they accept democracy.

losing a job for not accepting bluepill (imo bluepill is a delusion) is pretty bogus

it would be equivalent to someone from a religion not hiring you because you have a different religion from them.

for instance even though i don't believe in bluepill myself, i would be retarded if i refused to hire someone skilled at a job simply because they believe in bluepill.

Sometimes there is good discussion in rating threads and it would be a loss if its deleted
I think if requested by moderator or there should be a bot that checks to see if your posts contain any substance