Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Guide Skin tightening

sexlesstosexles

Established Member
I realize I am a trucel because my skin is loose around my jaw, giving me an incel lower third instead of an aesthetic jawline. My skin seems overall healthy, except it is just too loose around my jaw. So I have some questions about the nature of tight skin...

1. What is the biological mechanism of tight skin? (Do skin cells atrophy in size, or do they decrease in number?)
2. How does the body "know" how tight to make the skin? (Is there a "sensor" for the body to know how much to automatically adjust skin tightness to?)
3. Assuming that skin tightening is automatic, is there an on/off switch to enable it (why do some people seem to have tighter skin than others?)
4. What would happen if the body overtightens the skin?
5. What is the evolutionary cause of tight skin? (Is it just because of more chance of sexual reproduction?)
6. If tight skin is genetic, do some people lack the tight skin gene, and if so, how did their ancestors reproduce?
7. Does testosterone increase or decrease tight skin?
8. Is there a way to make localized testosterone? (So the testosterone only tightens skin and enlarges penis, but does not cause undesirable features such as smaller ass, ogre browbone, and balding.)
9. Is estrogen better at tightening facial skin than testosterone?
10. What other chemicals and hormones are great at tightening skin?

Maybe you used to be high I'm body fat so the skin in your face became loose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe you used to be high I'm body fat so the skin in your face became loose
How do you measure the ratio of fat to loose skin in a bad lower third

"tight skin" can be related to several factors and the biological mechanisms include several components. Elastin fibers, hydration, Collagen, Cellular Turnover, Muscle and the overall health of the skin.

Collagen and Elastin fibers are the main crucial proteins that structure and elasticity to the skin. Collagen makes the skin firm and elastin allows is to stretch and go back to its previous point/form. They get destroyed over time trough UV radiation and other environmental factors.

Skin Cells go over a natural process of a renewal and a turnover. The more a person ages the slower that process gets, leading to buildup of dead skin cells if the skin is not taken care of properly.

Genetics also play a role in almost everything so that's a good thing to keep in mind.

also Fluctuations in weight can affect the elasticity of the skin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"tight skin" can be related to several factors and the biological mechanisms include several components. Elastin fibers, hydration, Collagen, Cellular Turnover, Muscle and the overall health of the skin.

Collagen and Elastin fibers are the main crucial proteins that structure and elasticity to the skin. Collagen makes the skin firm and elastin allows is to stretch and go back to its previous point/form. They get destroyed over time trough UV radiation and other environmental factors.

Skin Cells go over a natural process of a renewal and a turnover. The more a person ages the slower that process gets, leading to buildup of dead skin cells if the skin is not taken care of properly.

Genetics also play a role in almost everything so that's a good thing to keep in mind.

also Fluctuations in weight can affect the elasticity of the skin.
Hmm, interesting but I think its possible to have loose skin without any of that. You could have "healthy" skin that is loose if the body doesn't "know" what amount of skin to produce.

For example, you could have lots of collagen making the skin firm, but if you have too much skin then it will just sag anyway regardless of how firm it is. And you could have lots of elastin, but if you have too much skin then the elastin doesn't do anything since it will just revert to its saggy form.

Finally, you could have "healthy" skin that has a long longevity, with no dead skin buildup, but producing too much skin so it sags.

For example, someone might get tighter more aesthetic skin by tanning or too much sunlight UV exposure, which might kill skin cells faster so the skin becomes tight, but it might have a huge cost of long term skin damage and cancers.

Hmm, interesting but I think its possible to have loose skin without any of that. You could have "healthy" skin that is loose if the body doesn't "know" what amount of skin to produce.

For example, you could have lots of collagen making the skin firm, but if you have too much skin then it will just sag anyway regardless of how firm it is. And you could have lots of elastin, but if you have too much skin then the elastin doesn't do anything since it will just revert to its saggy form.

Finally, you could have "healthy" skin that has a long longevity, with no dead skin buildup, but producing too much skin so it sags.

For example, someone might get tighter more aesthetic skin by tanning or too much sunlight UV exposure, which might kill skin cells faster so the skin becomes tight, but it might have a huge cost of long term skin damage and cancers.
You can take collagen in pills or powder if you want firmer skin. Collagen is not only for firmer skin as well, but just healthier skin in general. I personally fill up about half a gallon of water and then put in three tablespoons of a collagen supplement. Started doing this about a week ago and my acne is clearing up a lot. Additionally, those three tablespoons are 70 calories and 18 grams of protein, so although it tastes awful it's helping me accomplish two goals at once.