Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

cutting as a teen? is it really that harmful?

Medo

Weirdo
I'm still a teen with a 18.4 - 20.4 % bodyfat i still have a decent amount of years till i finish puberty.
im 175 - 177 CM (im not sure lmao) and 70 kg (155 pounds).
would cutting make me taller? or would it stunt my growth?
(I'm not planning on cutting for more than a month or two, till i reach 14% bodyfat)

I'm still a teen with a 18.4 - 20.4 % bodyfat i still have a decent amount of years till i finish puberty.
(I'm not planning on cutting for more than a month or two, till i reach 14% bodyfat)
can i see a pic of you?

estrogen after a certain threshold fuses your epiphyseal plates, stunting growth. (too little estrogen will stunt growth also.)

"Our data suggest that (i) epiphyseal fusion is triggered when the proliferative potential of growth plate chondrocytes is exhausted; and (ii) estrogen does not induce growth plate ossification directly; instead, estrogen accelerates the programmed senescence of the growth plate, thus causing earlier proliferative exhaustion and consequently earlier fusion."

but if your plates are already fused, i wonder if estrogen will make you taller. i see zero research i been looking for research about it but ran out of energy, all the studies seem to be about epiphyseal plates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
estrogen after a certain threshold fuses your epiphyseal plates, stunting growth. (too little estrogen will stunt growth also.)

"Our data suggest that (i) epiphyseal fusion is triggered when the proliferative potential of growth plate chondrocytes is exhausted; and (ii) estrogen does not induce growth plate ossification directly; instead, estrogen accelerates the programmed senescence of the growth plate, thus causing earlier proliferative exhaustion and consequently earlier fusion."

but if your plates are already fused, i wonder if estrogen will make you taller. i see zero research i been looking for research about it but ran out of energy, all the studies seem to be about epiphyseal plates.
so like... cutting wont stun my growth? and btw i don't plan on cutting for any longer than a month or two.

so like... cutting wont stun my growth? and btw i don't plan on cutting for any longer than a month or two.
cutting will you need food and calories to grow

dont cut too aggressively 200-300 cal deficit max and make sure u eat healthy whole foods so u wont stunt ur growth