Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Lifefuel / Motivation Jaw change from braces

emocel

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2025
Messages
327
Online time
3d 44m
Reputation
497

See figure 7 for a case similar to mine. Of course, the jaw shape is much different, but notice the slight increase in gonial angle and lower third height. Also, note the difference between dentoalveolar and skeletal deep bite, as the latter, which is short face syndrome, usually requires surgery.

This old thread I made talks about how braces can shrink your masseters, increase gonial angle, and increase lower third height: https://forum.looksmaxxing.com/thre...jaw-is-too-square-minecraftcels-gtfih.194423/

Everyone who thinks their jaw is too square needs to see this, it never gets talked about. Too many people get scammed by Korean surgeons into shaving their ramus, and I myself almost did. The first ortho and cosmetic surgeon I saw both said I would need cosmetic surgery, so I'm glad I got some other opinions later.This was the thread that made me realize I should see a new orthodontist: https://looksmax.org/threads/dental-vs-skeletal-deep-bite.1488189/

Before (Sadly I could not find many good pictures)
IMG_1703.webp
IMG_1704.webp

IMG_1707.webp


After:
IMG_1706.webp
IMG_1702.webp
IMG_1705.webp
 
Last edited:
very nice you looked like a gerbil
Flattened very nicely
 
Stacy😂😂😂😂
 

See figure 7 for a case similar to mine. Of course, the jaw shape is much different, but notice the slight increase in gonial angle and lower third height. Also, note the difference between dentoalveolar and skeletal deep bite, as the latter, which is short face syndrome, usually requires surgery.

This old thread I made talks about how braces can shrink your masseters, increase gonial angle, and increase lower third height: https://forum.looksmaxxing.com/thre...jaw-is-too-square-minecraftcels-gtfih.194423/

Everyone who thinks their jaw is too square needs to see this, it never gets talked about. Too many people get scammed by Korean surgeons into shaving their ramus, and I myself almost did. The first ortho and cosmetic surgeon I saw both said I would need cosmetic surgery, so I'm glad I got some other opinions later.This was the thread that made me realize I should see a new orthodontist: https://looksmax.org/threads/dental-vs-skeletal-deep-bite.1488189/

Before (Sadly I could not find many good pictures)
View attachment 423284View attachment 423285
View attachment 423286

After:
View attachment 423287View attachment 423288View attachment 423289
yeah it changed mine kind of
im gonna get a mouthgaurd too
 

See figure 7 for a case similar to mine. Of course, the jaw shape is much different, but notice the slight increase in gonial angle and lower third height. Also, note the difference between dentoalveolar and skeletal deep bite, as the latter, which is short face syndrome, usually requires surgery.

This old thread I made talks about how braces can shrink your masseters, increase gonial angle, and increase lower third height: https://forum.looksmaxxing.com/thre...jaw-is-too-square-minecraftcels-gtfih.194423/

Everyone who thinks their jaw is too square needs to see this, it never gets talked about. Too many people get scammed by Korean surgeons into shaving their ramus, and I myself almost did. The first ortho and cosmetic surgeon I saw both said I would need cosmetic surgery, so I'm glad I got some other opinions later.This was the thread that made me realize I should see a new orthodontist: https://looksmax.org/threads/dental-vs-skeletal-deep-bite.1488189/

Before (Sadly I could not find many good pictures)
View attachment 423284View attachment 423285
View attachment 423286

After:
View attachment 423287View attachment 423288View attachment 423289
Was that your base in the before photo omg
I am going to do it this time
 
overjet kinda and also crowded teeth yeah now i can touch my teeth fully
Also i have a tongue and lip tie theyre gonna cut it
 
overjet kinda and also crowded teeth yeah now i can touch my teeth fully
ohh did they bring your lower jaw forward? I know Herbst appliance is often used for that but i didnt know braces alone could change the jaw position for overjets
 
ohh did they bring your lower jaw forward? I know Herbst appliance is often used for that but i didnt know braces alone could change the jaw position for overjeys
Nope
thats why im getting a mouthgaurd but now i can kinda touch my teeth

i wish i got when i was younger but no dentist ever told me to
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top